Conley Outreach Community Services
The Conley Family of Conley Funeral Service, Elburn, IL, founded Conley Outreach in 1983 as an extension of their service to the community. Today, Conley Outreach Community Services has grown from a small private counseling service to an organization recognized by the IRS as a nonprofit 501(c)(3) public charity. Although Conley Outreach continues to specialize in bereavement and loss, it also provides and coordinates a broad range of programs and services for the entire community. The director for Conley Outreach, Dr. Carol Alfrey, the Conley Family, and Conley Funeral Home continue to provide guidance and support for these and many other programs. We gratefully acknowledge the financial support and assistance of many individuals, families, companies, and foundations who have joined us in “Caring for the Heart of the Community.”
For information, contact us today.
- Individual & Family
- Children & Adolescents
- Abuse and Trauma
- Specialists in Grief
The Community Care Team, a natural helper concept pioneered by Conley Outreach in 2001, is a great way to volunteer, get to know people and community resources at the same time. Call Dr. Carol Alfrey, West Towns Network Coordinator at 630-365-2880.
Conley Outreach coordinates referrals to over thirty area agencies and nearly 100 different programs through the West Towns Network, a rural service funded by your local 708 boards.
All support groups are free of charge. Call 630-365-2880 for more information or to register. Ongoing Support Groups include:
- Mourning After: for young widows, widowers, and adults (age 55 or younger) whose significant other has died. This group meets on the 1st Thursday of the month.
- Grieving Parents’ Support (GSP): for all parents and guardians grieving the loss of a child. This group is open to all parents, no matter the age of the child at death or how long ago the death occurred. GSP meets the 2nd Thursday of the month.
- Grieving With Hope: for any adult grieving the loss of a loved one. This group meets on the 4th Thursday of the month, except November and December.
- Grief Share: a 13-week session, weekly seminar, and support group featuring biblical teaching on grief and recovery. This group meets every winter, starting in January. Call for times and location.
All monthly support groups meet on Thursday, at 7 pm, in the Elburn Community Center, 525 N Main St, Elburn, in Room 10 (first floor), and are facilitated by Lora Windsor, LCSW.
Annual Grief Events
- Paver Dedication: celebrate the life of loved ones in your family by purchasing pavers in their memory. Order forms available through Conley Outreach and Conley Funeral Home. Dedication ceremonies are held three times a year at Serenity Falls, a memorial waterfall located at the northwest corner of the Conley Funeral Home parking lot, Elburn.
- Reining in Grief: using horses to understand and work through grief. Program for children ages 6-12. Children work alongside horses in this event to learn how to get through life’s obstacles. Led by trained therapists and horse professionals. Located at Blazing Prairie Stars Barn.
- Chili Cook-Off: support our grief programs at the annual CASI Chili Cook-Off. Choose your favorite as you sample over 20 varieties of chili! Located at Kuipers Farm.
- Handling The Holidays: coping strategies for Holiday Grief. It includes adult and children’s sessions, as well as informal sharing. Located at the Elburn Community Center.
- Good Grief Day Camp: each June, Conley Outreach offers a week-long day camp at Farm Friends in Big Rock for children ages 6-12 who are grieving the death of a parent or sibling. The children explore a theme each day: Change, Feelings, Memories, Safe Places/People, and Your Unique Grief Journey through drama, games, and time for sharing and reflection. A program is held on Friday evening to allow the children to perform their plays, exhibit their artwork, and share some of the lessons learned from the week with their families. There is a minimal cost for camp, but scholarships are available.
On-Site Crisis Assistance
Conley Outreach teams with other area agencies to go to local schools, businesses, or other locations when there has been a traumatic death. This team works with on-site personnel to help them process the loss. They also help determine appropriate support services for affected children, youth, and adults and provide counseling as needed.
Farm Friends: located just west of Sugar Grove at 45W134 Raymond Rd, Big Rock. This beautiful farmstead is the location for many of our grief events.
Serenity Falls: located at 308 N Main St, Elburn with parking available at Conley Funeral Home, 116 W Pierce St, Elburn. The falls are open to the public each day during daylight hours. Memorial pavers line the base of the falls.
Blazing Prairie Stars Barn: located at 47W635 Beith Rd, Maple Park.
Elburn Community Center: located at 525 N Main St, Elburn. Events are held in Room 10 (West Towns Office) on the first floor.
Kuipers Family Farm: located at 1N318 Watson Rd, Maple Park.